Capture Swindon’s heritage with a fab photo and win a £100 T4 Cameras voucher.
Share your heritage-themed photos of Swindon for Visit Swindon and you could win a £100 T4 Cameras voucher plus a fabulous print in our ‘Heritage Photo Challenge’.
Swindon is steeped in history, and that history is a photographer’s dream. The English Heritage listed Railway Village, the Victorian parks and houses of Old Town, renowned heritage buildings like the Mechanics’ Institute or The Locarno, picturesque canals steeped in industrial history, the old GWR works reimagined as the Designer Outlet - we’re talking one great big history book crying out to be captured.
Now Visit Swindon is offering photographers of all ages and abilities the chance to share their own best photos with a heritage theme. Best of all, by entering our ‘Heritage Photo Challenge’ you will have a chance of winning a £100 voucher to spend at T4 in Market Street, Swindon. T4 will also supply the winner with an A3 print of their winning image.
Taking part in Visit Swindon’s ‘Heritage Photo Challenge’ couldn’t be easier! All you have to do is:
- ‘follow’ Visit Swindon on Instagram
- upload your photos to Instagram using the hashtag #SwindonHeritage2020
The competition begins on August 29, 2020 and closes on October 16, 2020 and the winning photo will be selected by a Visit Swindon panel headed by renowned Swindon photographer Mitch Nelson.
To give yourself the best chance of winning a prize your photo should capture something special about Swindon’s heritage or something eye-catching with a historical backdrop. We’re looking for great buildings - be they beautifully preserved or with an air of fading grandeur – wildlife engaging with architecture, or scenes of photogenic people with heritage backdrops. We’re looking for beautiful, but quirky, pseudo abstract or laugh out loud could also put you in the running to pick up the £100 voucher and print.
Before you grab your camera – or mobile phone – and set off to scout locations, here are a few photographic tips from T4’s photographic experts.
- Explore different angles. Photograph those birds nestling in the eaves. Crouch down to get a new perspective on an architectural feature.
- Shoot in the shade. Direct sunlight is harsh and makes your subject squint. When shooting in the shade, there are no more harsh shadows, only smooth patterns created by your subject’s natural features.
- Take lots of photos. For every perfect image of sunset behind an art deco diving board or people in harmony with their surroundings, there are dozens of blurry, dull photos that never made it off the cutting room floor.
- Capture the moment. The latest mobile phone cameras are so good you can take spontaneous photos without sacrificing quality.
- Enjoy your adventures in Swindon and remember, by sharing your photos on Instagram, using the hashtag #SwindonHeritage2020 you could win a £100 voucher for T4 Cameras.
If you have any questions about Visit Swindon’s ‘Heritage Photo Challenge’, please contact email@example.com
T4 Cameras are an independent photographic retailer that holds both Canon Pro Partner & Nikon Premier Dealer accreditation, as well as being authorised dealers for Fuji, Panasonic & Sigma, among others. It also stocks a wide selection of accessories and quality pre-owned camera equipment.
| 01793 523332
| 13 Market Street, Swindon SN1 1RZ
Terms and Conditions
- Competition begins August 29, 2020 and closes on October 16, 2020.
- To enter the competition, you must be following Visit Swindon on Instagram and must upload photos using the hashtag #SwindonHeritage
- Entrants can be all ages. Under 16s must seek permission from a parent or guardian.
- Entrants can submit as many photos as they like during the competition period.
- Photographs must show a scene in Swindon or its surrounding area.
- The winner will be selected by the judging panel from Visit Swindon. The judges’ decision is final.
- Prize winner will be announced via social media on Saturday 24th October 2020.
- The prize is a £100 gift voucher for T4 Cameras, Swindon and an A3 print of the winning image. There is no cash equivalent.
- The organiser reserves the right to change or cancel the competition at any time.
- By entering you agree by the rules and are happy for your imagery to be used for marketing purposes by Visit Swindon and their associated companies.
- Members of Visit Swindon staff plus staff of associated companies are not permitted to enter this competition.
Clarification of Terms & Conditions for the Visit Swindon “Heritage Photo Challenge”.
Queries have been raised regarding the reference in the competition rules to the imagery being used “for marketing purposes by Visit Swindon and their associated companies”. We would like to clarify what we propose.
To be clear, the copyright in any photograph you submit (which must of course be your own original work) will remain with you. All we will have is a licence to use the photograph for marketing purposes in literature, on promotional materials and on websites, to promote Swindon and its surrounding area to potential visitors. This use would be by Swindon Borough Council and organisations in which the council has an interest.
Can we also take this opportunity to mention that if your photograph includes a person, you must obtain that person’s consent to be included in the photograph and for you to submit that photograph as a competition entry.